NCERT CBSE Board Solution for Class 10 Science Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations notes video and question-answer and chapter related all best resource.
Magnesium gets covered with a layer of magnesium oxide when kept in air for a long time. This layer hinders the burning of magnesium. Hence, it is to be cleaned before burning.
(i) Physical Change (ii) Chemical Change
A balanced chemical equation has an equal number of atoms of different elements in the reactants and products.
The chemical equations should be balanced to satisfy the law of conservation of mass.
i. Combination Reaction
ii. Decomposition Reaction
iii. Displacement Reaction
iv Double Displacement Reaction
v Redox Reaction
It is an undesirable change that occurs in metals when they are attacked by moisture, air, acids, and bases.
Example: Corrosion (rusting) of Iron: Fe2O3.nH2O (Hydrated iron oxide)
The taste and odor of food materials containing fat and oil change when they are left exposed to air for a long time. This is called Rancidity. It is caused due to the oxidation of fat and oil present in food materials.
By adding anti-oxidant.
Replacing air by nitrogen.
Refrigeration of foodstuff.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 1 chemical reactions and equations Video Notes
Class 10th Science Other Chapter Solutions
- Chapter 1: Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Chapter 2: Acids, Bases, and Salts
- Chapter 3: Metals and Non-Metals
- Chapter 4: Carbon and its Compounds
- Chapter 5: Periodic Classification of Elements
- Chapter 6: Life Processes
- Chapter 7: Control and Coordination
- Chapter 8: How do Organisms Reproduce?
- Chapter 9: Heredity and Evolution
- Chapter 10: Light – Reflection and Refraction
- Chapter 11: Human Eye and Colourful World
- Chapter 12: Electricity
- Chapter 13: Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Chapter 14: Sources of Energy
- Chapter 15: Our Environment
- Chapter 16: Management of Natural Resources