Fortnite controller update: Fortnite has released a revolutionary update. With it, console players can have even more control over their target and possibly improve it. It is the latest attempt to bridge the gap between console, keyboard and mouse gamers and will likely revolutionize the gaming industry in a big way.
The update is set to introduce what they’re calling “Gyro Aiming”. Here’s what players need to know about it.
Fortnite adds Gyro Aiming in latest update
The brand-new update will completely change how console players play the game. There has been a distinct gap between console and keyboard and mouse players for a long time, but those days may be coming to an end.
Fortnite announced the change in a tweet. One thing that’s important to note is that it specifically says “the platforms that support it.”
Those platforms are:
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Nintendo Switch
Unfortunately, Xbox players will not be able to take advantage of this update since the controllers do not have the hardware for it right now.
Players on the supported platforms can now enable Gyro Controls. Here’s how to do just that:
- Navigate to settings on Fortnite
- Find the “Touch and Motion” tab
- Find the “Gyro Aiming” setting
- Toggle it to on
Fortnite players will now be able to aim precisely by moving their controller. This will potentially eliminate the gap between console, keyboard and mouse by giving console players the same abilities as their PC counterparts.
There are a few customization options for this new feature, so it’s not just an on or off option. According to the Epic Games blog post regarding this update these are the options:
Active Mode (Combat)
- Scope Only: The gyro is activated only when scoped weapons are aimed.
- Scope or Target: Gyro activated when aiming any weapon.
- Scope, Aim, Harvest: Activate the gyro when aiming any weapon or moving your harvesting tool.
- Always: Gyro is activated whether you are aiming a weapon or moving your harvesting tool.
Active Mode (Building)
- None: Gyro active neither while creating or editing.
- Editing: Gyro activated when editing but not building.
- Always: Gyro active when creating or editing.