metals and non-metals class 10 mcq pdf, metals and non metals class 10 mcq test, etals and non metals class 10 mcq online test, class 10 science chapter 4 mcq questions and answers, mcq on metals and non metals for competitive exams, class 10 science chapter 3 mcq online test, metals and non-metals class 10 test pdf
question bank on metals and non-metals class 10
MCQ Question for class 10 Science Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals
1. Aluminium is used for making cooking uten¬sils. Which of the following properties of alu¬minium are responsible for the same?
(i) Good thermal conductivity
(ii) Good electrical conductivity
(iv) High melting point
(a) (i) and (ii)
(b) (i) and (iii)
(c) (ii) and (iii)
(d) (i) and (iv)
2. The most abundant metal in the earth’s crust is
3. The poorest conductor of heat among metals is
4. Which property of metals is used for making bells and strings of musical instruments like Sitar and Violin?
5. Al2O3 + 2NaOH → …… + H2O
Class 10 Science Chapter 3 Metals and Non- metals 6. Which of the following is the correct arrange-ment of the given metals in ascending order of their reactivity?
Zinc, Iron, Magnesium, Sodium
(a) Zinc > Iron > Magnesium > Sodium
(b) Sodium > Magnesium > Iron > Zinc
(c) Sodium > Zinc > Magnesium > Iron
(d) Sodium > Magnesium > Zinc > Iron
7. Which of the following pairs will give dis-placement reactions?
(a) FeSO4 solution and Copper metal
(b) AgNO3 solution and Copper metal
(c) CuSO4 solution and Silver metal
(d) NaCl solution and Copper metal
8. Non-metals form covalent chlorides because
(a) they can give electrons to chlorine
(b) they can share electrons with chlorine
(c) they can give electrons to chlorine atoms to form chloride ions
(d) they cannot share electrons with chlorine atoms
9. Which of the following oxide(s) of iron would be obtained on prolonged reaction of iron with steam?
(d) Fe2O3 and Fe2O4
10. Which of tire following are not ionic compounds?
(a) (i) and (ii)
(b) (ii) and (iii)
(c) (iii) and (iv)
(d) (i) and (iii)
More MCQ Question for Class 10 Science Chapter 3 Metals and Non- metals
11. The electronic configuration of three elements X, Y and Z are as follows:
X = 2, 4, Y = 2, 7, Z = 2,1 Which two elements will combine to form an ionic compound and write the correct formula,
12. The highly reactive metals like Sodium, Potas-sium, Magnesium, etc. are extracted by the
(a) electrolysis of their molten chloride
(b) electrolysis of their molten oxides
(c) reduction by aluminium
(d) reduction by carbon
13. Which of the following non-metal is lustrous?
14. Example of an amphoteric oxide is:
15. Which one among the following is an acidic oxide?
MCQs Class 10 Science Chapter 3 Metals and Non- metals 16. The atomic number of an element ‘X’ is 12. Which inert gas is nearest to X?
17, The process in which a carbonate ore is heated strongly in the absence of air to convert it into metal oxide is called
18. Oxides of moderately reactive metals like Zinc, Iron, Nickel, Tin, Copper etc. are reduced by using
(a) Aluminium as reducing agent
(b) Sodium as reducing agent
(c) Carbon as reducing agent
(d) Calcium as reducing agent