life processes class 10 mcq with answers pdf, life processes class 10 mcq with answers pdf download, life processes class 10 mcq pdf download, class 10 science chapter 6 mcq online test, life processes class 10 1 mark questions and answers, life processes class 10 mcq online test, life processes class 10 questions and answers pdf, life processes class 10 mcq online test cbse
MCQ Question for Class 10 Science Chapter 6 Life Processes with Answer
1. Which of the following are energy foods?
(a) Carbohydrates and fats
(b) Proteins and mineral salts
(c) Vitamins and minerals
(d) Water and roughage
2. In which mode of nutrition an organism de-rives its food from the body of another living organism without killing it?
(a) Saprotrophic nutrition
(b) Parasitic nutrition
(c) Holozoic nutrition
(d) Autotrophic nutrition
3. The mode of nutrition found in fungi is:
(a) Parasitic nutrition
(b) Holozoic nutrition
(c) Autotrophic nutrition
(d) Saprotrophic nutrition
4. Roots of the plants absorb water from the soil through the process of:
(d) None of these
5. The site of photosynthesis in the cells of a leaf is
6. In amoeba, food is digested in the:
(a) food vacuole
7. Which of the following events in the mouth cavity will be affected if salivary amylase is lacking in the saliva?
(a) Starch breaking down into sugars.
(b) Proteins breaking down into amino acids.
(c) Absorption of vitamins.
(d) Fats breaking down into fatty acids and glycerol.
8. Which region of the alimentary canal absorbs the digested food?
(b) Small intestine
(c) Large intestine
9. The contraction and expansion movement of the walls of the food pipe is called:
(c) peristaltic movement
10. When a few drops of iodine solution are added to rice water, the solution turns blue- black in colour. This indicates that rice water contains:
(b) complex proteins
(d) simple proteins
11. The exit of unabsorbed food material is regu-lated by
(c) small intestine
(d) anal sphincter
12. What are the products obtained by anaerobic respiration in plants?
(a) Lactic acid + Energy
(b) Carbon dioxide + Water + Energy
(c) Ethanol + Carbon dioxide + Energy
13. The breakdown of pyruvate to give carbon di-oxide, water and energy takes place in
14. Glycolysis process occurs in which part of the cell?
15. Name the substances whose build up in the muscles during vigorous physical exercise may cause cramps?
(a) Ethanol + Carbon dioxide + Energy
(b) Lactic acid + Energy
(c) Carbon dioxide + Water + Energy
16. Name the pores in a leaf through which respi-ratory exchange of gases takes place.
17. The respiratory pigment in human beings is:
18. Which plant tissue transports water and min-erals from the roots to the leaf?
19. The movement of food in phloem is called:
20. A blood vessel which pumps the blood from the heart to the entire body:
21. Name a circulatory fluid in the human body other than blood.
22. Single circulation, i.e., blood flows through the heart only once during one cycle of passage through the body, is exhibited by which of the following:
(a) hyla, rana, draco
(b) whale, dolphin, turtle
(c) labeo, chameleon, salamander
(d) hippocampus, exocoetus, anabas
23. Name the tube which connects the kidneys to the urinary bladder.
24. Which part of nephron allows the selective reabsorption of useful substances like glucose, amino acids, salts and water into the blood capillaries?
(c) Bowman’s capsule
25. Where is the dirty blood in our body filtered?
26. The procedure used for cleaning the blood of a person by separating urea from it is called:
(d) double circulation
27. Which is the correct sequence of body parts in the human alimentary canal?
(a) Mouth → stomach → small intestine → large intestine → oesophagus
(b) Mouth → oesophagus → stomach → small intestine → large intestine
(c) Mouth → stomach → oesophagus → smallintestine → large intestine
(d) Mouth → oesophagus → stomach → large intestine → small intestine
28. Identify the correct path of urine in the human body.
(a) Kidney → urinary bladder → urethra → ureter
(b) Urinary bladder → ureter → kidney → urethra
(c) Kidney → ureter → urethra → urinary bladder
(d) Kidney → ureter → urinary bladder → urethra
Fill in the Blanks Question for Class 10 Science Chapter 6 Life Processes with Answer
1. The exit of food from the stomach is regulated by a ………. muscle.
2. ………. is the longest part of the alimentary canal.
3. The process of breakdown of glucose, (a six-carbon molecule) into pyruvate, (a three-carbon molecule), takes place in the ………. .
4. ………. is the site of the complete digestion of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
5. Breaking of pyruvate using oxygen takes place in the ………. .
6. Rings of cartilage are present in the wind pipe to ensure that the ………. .
7. The blood has ………. cells which plug the leakage in the vessels by helping to clot the blood at the point of injury.
8. ………. transports products of photosynthesis from the leaves to other parts of the plant.
2. Small intestine
4. Small intestine
6. air-passage does not collapse